Wednesday, November 6, 2013


Kenya: Silvastone to Work With Mercy Myra


UK-based producer and radio personality Silvastone was in Kenya recently where he hinted that he may work with RnB singer Mercy Myra.
Silvastone, who was in Kenya courtesy of Emmanuel Jal, said, "I have been in Kenya for about a week. I came to shoot a video in Kakuma and I did a show with Emmanuel Jal."
He added, "I came to relax as well as enjoy the sun. I will be back in Kenya really soon. I plan to shoot a few more videos in Kenya."
On his planned project with Mercy, he told Word Is, "At the moment, we are trying to see how that turns out. I hear she is a big legend here. I do want to work with more Kenyans, I have worked with Kanja, Habida, Bamboo and others. I would like to capture her fantastic voice."
Silvastone, who has worked on many music projects with acts across Africa like Chidinma, D Banj, Don Jazzy and Sarkodie, said he is now working on a solo project.
"I actually have about 22 songs at the moment and I'm trying to work on a couple others till they reach 30 then do videos for most of them. I have got some reggae songs, slow ballad songs, some hip hop songs. I have been making music for various artistes and writing songs for them as well. But I decided, now I need to do something for myself."
He continued, "The album is going to be very interesting and experimental. I'm trying to push the boundary of African music so it is not just the one sound but one that can cross over with ease."
He is curently promoting his new single Dansa which he describes as "a dance song about Africa's dance style."
retrieved from allafrica.com http://allafrica.com/stories/201310230892.html
check other related pictures. 


No comments:

Post a Comment